As a ReadCube Papers subscriber, you automatically get prompted when new feature updates are available within our suite of reference management apps. Take a look below to see what’s been added in September.
Keeping your scholarly papers and references organized just got a whole lot easier! Start with a simple search rule (like a string of keywords) or view our guide to more complex syntax searches. Once set, all papers that match your search will auto-organize into your newly created smart list and continue to update as you add new papers to your library. Smart lists are available for both personal and shared libraries.
Keep on-top of what your collaborators are saying on papers within shared libraries. See who said what and don’t forget that each comment is hyperlinked to make it easy for you to jump to the section of the paper where the annotation can be found.
PDF Table of Contents & Thumbnails
Navigate around your papers easier with the newly integrated linked Table of Contents and thumbnail previews found in the bottom right menu.
Our browser extension helps accelerate importing from your favorite discovery sites, social sharing networks and hundreds of journal sites.
This month we’ve added support to another 29 journals.
For our Enterprise customers, this also means our on-demand article purchasing is available for these titles as well.
Other Notable Features/Updates
- Expanded syntax search for advanced discovery – see full list
- Simplified the way you can create manual entry of references
- Improvements to Enhanced PDF Viewer
- Linked inline references and figures will now appear over highlighted & annotated text
- Increased intensity of the highlight colors.
- Enhanced Japanese character support
- Added link resolver support for academic site-licenses and enterprise customers
- Decluttered our knowlegebase to make it easier to navigate
- Live chat available now on both papersapp.com & our support site
- Worked with our amazing beta testing community (8k+) to get desktop apps finalized