As 2016 winds down – we wanted to take this opportunity to send our most sincere thanks for being part of the ReadCube & Papers family. This year, we surpassed all of our goals, and we could not have done it without your support.
Our Favorite Highlights from 2016:
- Over 40 million people used ReadCube and Papers technology to read, discover and manage their literature in 2016! That is almost four times as much since last year!
- 219 million articles were read in ReadCube this year! That’s over 611,000 each day!
- Our readers spent over 1534 years’ worth of time reading in ReadCube in 2016 which is almost 4.4 years reading each day!
- Over 52 million articles are now available as Enhanced PDFs within ReadCube’s web, desktop and mobile applications. Not only do Enhanced PDFs feature hyperlinked in-line citations, annotation tools, instant access to supplemental materials and figures, clickable author names – they also are deep-indexed for improved discoverability through ReadCube’s search, recommendation engine and related article feeds.
- We have partnered with another 15 publishers and industry partners for a total of over 85 to date! New partners this year include: HighWire Press, Ingenta Connect, Taylor & Francis, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, The Geological Society of London, The Electrochemical Society and Liverpool University Press.
- In March, Papers joined the ReadCube’s suite of researcher tools. Since then, we’ve been hard at work dreaming, designing and developing new exciting features to support our growing community in their research workflows.
- The Content Sharing Initiative, now called SharedIt, has been expanded across SpringerNature collection (2,300 titles).
- We added Relative Citation Ration (RCR) as yet another dimension of article metrics across the apps and web reader!
It has been a great 12 months, and we thank you for sharing it with us! We hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and we look forward to working with you on all the exciting projects planned for the upcoming year!